Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie

18 Aug

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie-4

Yay for Secret Recipe Club time!!  This summer just seems to have flown by.  I can’t believe only a couple of weeks left and Little Miss will be starting kindergarten and Little Mister will be going into daycare for the first time.  I will also be going back to work full time for the first time in over 5 years.  It’s like all the change is coming at the same time.  It’s crazy!

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie-2

I got assigned Steak  Potatoes Kinda Gurl. Desiree creates some serious magic in the kitchen. This is the kind blog that makes you wanna eat your screen.  She has everything from Bacon and Spicy Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms to Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes to No Bake Cookies and Cream Treats

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie

I made this for a bbq.  The filling was amazing.  I could have eaten the entire bowl with a spoon.  I loved it paired with the flakey all butter crust and the touch of lavender.  The original recipe called for a graham cracker crust and no lavender involved.  I can literally taste how amazing the original version would be.

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie-5

Thanks for an amazing recipe.

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie

Make your pie crust and add 1 1/2 tsp lavender (for a single crust) and bake your crust in a preheated oven at 425 F for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 375 F and bake for another 15.

IMG_0949

In a pot add your sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, lemon zest , egg yolk and milk together.  Turn on heat to medium and stir until thick.  about 10 minutes.

IMG_0940

Remove from the lemon mixture from the heat and stir in your butter.  Let mixture come to room temp.

IMG_0945

Strain through a mesh sieve. This will get out any lumps and the lemon zest.

IMG_0946

Fold in the sour cream to your lemon mixture.

IMG_0948

Pour into your crust.  Let chill a minimum 4 hours.

IMG_0951

Enjoy!

Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie

Ingredients

• one single pie crust + 1 1/2 tsp culinary lavender
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1/4 c cornstarch
  • 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbs lemon zest
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 4 tbs butter

Instructions

1. Make your pie crust and add 1 1/2 tsp lavender (for a single crust). I used this recipe
  2. To Blind Bake your Crust
  3. Preheat oven to 425F. Line your crust with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights (to prevent shrinking).
  4. Place crust in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove pie weights and foil, reduce heat to 375F and bake for an addtional 15 minutes.
  5. Let cool before filling.
  6. Lemon Sour Cream Filling
  7. In a pot add your sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, lemon zest , egg yolk and milk together. Turn on heat to medium and stir until thick. about 10 minutes.
  8. Remove from the lemon mixture from the heat and stir in your butter. Let mixture come to room temp.
  9. Fold in the sour cream to your lemon mixture and pour into your crust. Let chill a minimum 4 hours.
  10. Slightly adapted from Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

11 Responses to “Lemon Lavender Sour Cream Pie”

1. A Couple in the Kitchen August 19, 2013 at 6:11 am #

Lemon and lavender are a great pair. This sounds like a wonderful dessert!

2. chelsy August 19, 2013 at 6:18 am #

I love the combo of lemon + lavender…it is classic. This pie looks gorgeous. Perfect and refreshing for summer!

3. gloria August 19, 2013 at 10:49 am #

I love lemon and lavender and this look absolutely delicious!!

4. Desi August 19, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

So cool… we got each other this month!! I was stalking you and you were stalking me :) I love that you added lavender and your own crust. Now you’ve got me wanting to make this again! Happy SRCing with you :)

5. Nancy @ gottagetbaked August 19, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

I’ve missed your blog posts, Christina! Wow, this pie is gorgeous – that filling looks ridiculously smooth, creamy ‘n delicious. I love that you used lavender in your crust! Lemon ‘n lavender taste amazing together. Those are some pretty big changes, girl. It always freaks me out when babies I saw growing up start elementary school. I’m sure your kids will love school/daycare and you’ll rock the work world again.

6. Deanna Segrave-Daly August 19, 2013 at 5:34 pm #

This looks so lovely and sounds amazing – love the touch of lavender – must make for my hubby – he’s a sucker for any kind of lemon dessert.

7. Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} August 19, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

What a beautiful pie! Anything with lavender added is very special. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you.

8. Karen - Cinnamon Freud August 20, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Looks good! I have never baked with lavender but have always wanted to try.

9. Margaret August 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

I would never have thought to put lavender in the pie AND in the crust!! This looks delish.

10. Julie @White Lights on Wednesday August 24, 2013 at 6:50 am #

This pie looks wonderful. I love baking with lavender. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Great SRC choice!

11. yahoo search June 11, 2014 at 10:49 pm #

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or
    vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look
    forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!