Today let’s talk about my Mr. He really is awesome and I don’t tell him often enough how awesome, great spectacular he really is. Between the kids, cats and dog we don’t get to really hangout. We don’t have date nights. We don’t get a babysitter. The most alone time we get is watching Survivor together, at 10:30 at night.
There are things I just love about him. It’s the every day things. So here at 10 reasons I love Mr.
1. He scrapes off the windows of the car I use in the morning before he goes to work.
2. Puts up with my mess.
3. Folds laundry.
4. Takes out the garbage.
5. Forgives me when I don’t hang up the bathmat.
6. Always stops at the store when I run out of butter, sugar, chocolate or bacon.
7. Loves Christmas as much as I do.
8. Eats whatever I cook, even when it’s a fail.
9. Rubs my feet.
10. Loves me and our kids.
Now let’s talk about these cookies, the caramelized peanuts give it extra crunch and added level of flavor. I loved the salted peanuts, crunchy caramel and brown butter chocolate chip cookie. Making the peanuts just for these cookies makes this recipe pretty time consuming. So all you need to do is double the recipe for the peanuts and BOOM you’ve got a great hostess gift or snack.
So this most is really two recipes in one. Here is a pic of what happens when food bloggers have cats.
Caramelized Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c salted peanuts
- 2 tbs + 2 tsp water
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c butter
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs - room temp
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped caramelized peanuts* see above
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add stir together peanuts, water and sugar in a frying pan.
- Over medium-high heat stir everything together. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes dry and crumbly. Lower heat a bit and keep stirring until the mixture softens around the peanuts and becomes brown. If the mixture starts to smoke remove from heat. You must stir constantly. It takes about 30-40 minutes from start to finish.
- Once the coating is brown remove from heat and pour peanuts on to your baking sheet. Let cool.
Caramized Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Using the same frying pan add in your butter and turn on to medium heat. Stir butter until it foams and then the foam subsides leaving you browned butter.
- Put brown butter in a mixer and then add your brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir together and let sit until it comes to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Move oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Once your butter and sugar has come to room temp add in your eggs and vanilla. Beat on low until the eggs are incorporated, scraping down the bowl at least once.
- While the mixer is on low add in your flour and baking powder. Scrape down the bowl and beat again for another 30 seconds. There should be no flour streaks remaining.
- Add in your chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Stir together with a spatula.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon on to your cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, you want them almost slightly underdone.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.