Happy Halloween!!! My kids are so fricken excited for today. Every time Little Mister sees anything Halloween he yells “haaoweeenn”. Little Miss has been asking every day for the last week “Is Halloween after tonight?”. I finally got to tell her yes. She is dressing up like Cinderella and Little Mister is going to be Buzz Lightyear from his all time fav movies ever, Toy Story.
These are ridiculously easy to make. Little Miss helped with the sprinkles and stirring. The look on her face when I poured the bright orange on top of the giant bowl of popcorn was priceless. Totally made making these totally worth it.
I am off to take these beauties to Little Miss’s preschool today. I wanted something simple, cute and something that all the kids can eat. I packed them in little individual bags with candy corns all over them.
I am so super impressed with how these turned out. The pictures really don’t do these justice. You could totally adapt these to fit any theme, holiday or party.
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 12 c popped popcorn (1/2 c unpopped kernels)
- 1/4 c salted butter
- 1 bag marshmallows (250 gram/10 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp orange gel food coloring
- paper straws cut in 1/2
- In a large bowl place your popped popcorn. Set aside.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and food coloring. Stir until uniform in color.
- Pour mixture on top of the popcorn and with 2 large spoons toss popcorn until marshmallow mixture is evenly distributed. Pour sprinkles liberally over popcorn and stir a little more.
- Spray hands with a touch of non-stick spray and grab a large handful of popcorn mixture. Roll gently into a ball.
- Once you are done rolling all of your popcorn into balls, stick a straw into each and gently push popcorn into a ball around the straw.
- Let sit until popcorn balls become firm. Wrap individually in bags or store in an airtight container.