Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Stuffed Cookies

23 Apr

On Sunday we packed the kids in the car and went to get ready for a long day in the car.  As soon as we pulled out of the garage I realized I didn’t have my wallet.  After searching the house frantically while the kids were getting extremely cranky, I came up empty handed.  Grrrr.  We got on the road and it was amazing.  We drove through Manning Park and the mountains and rivers were breathtaking.

We had instructions on where to go but decided to plug in the address into the GPS.  We drove up and down the highway looking for an address that wasn’t there.  It was ridiculous.  It was hot and we were frustrated and lost.  The email said it was easy to find.  I turned to the Mr and said there was NO way we were that blind that we couldnt’ find it.  We decided that we should drive through town and listen to instructions so carefully laid out for us.  Guess what???  We found it.  It was right where she said it would be.

We found it.  It was right where she said it would be.  Imagine that.  I love computers and smart phones but sometimes just listening to someone regardless of what the internet tells you is better.  Lesson learned, don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

The reason we spent all day Sunday in the car was to pick up this little guy.

Everyone this is Max the newest member of our family.  I can’t tell you how excited I am to have him.

Now let’s talk cookies.  I wanted to just make peanut butter pretzels bites but it was too messy so I decided to throw mini peanut butter cups and pretzels inside a soft peanut butter cookie.  It was the right decision.  Oh man was it ever.

VERDICT.

The crunch and salt from the pretzels is perfect with the melty chocolate and gooey peanut butter.  Then you surround that with the best peanut butter cookie EVAH and you have a winner. I could totally go for now right now but they are all gone. :(

Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Stuffed Cookies – makes 16 cookies

1 c all natural peanut butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tbs all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

12 mini peanut butter cups
24 mini twisted pretzels

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Move rack to the middle of the oven.  Line cookie sheet with parchment.

Mix peanut butter and sugars until well blended.  Crack egg in a small bowl and beat.  Mix into the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle flour, salt and baking powder over top and mix in.

Take one teaspoon of dough and flatten out in your hand. Place one pretzel, then a peanut buttercup and then top it off with another pretzel. Then fold up the sides of your cookie dough. It won’t cover your entire sandwich. Now take another teaspoon of dough and cover the top of your cookie. Make sure all your seams are closed. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake 8 – 10 minutes.  Do not over bake.

Enjoy!

12 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Stuffed Cookies”

1. Mel April 24, 2012 at 9:09 am #

Oh my goodness! Your puppy is adorable. And these cookies? I am drooling.

2. Annette April 24, 2012 at 9:41 am #

I found your site a little while ago. I have quite a few of your recipes bookmarked to try. These cookies look delicious and your puppy is adorable!

• Redawna April 24, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Oh my goodness! He needs a cuddle!!!

I need to get some mini peanut butter cups. Those cookies have to be amazing!

3. Nancy April 24, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Your puppy is the cutest thing ever! Congratulations on the new addition to the family – the kids must be going crazy! And these cookies…I must make them ASAP. It has everything I love – peanut butter, chocolate, and that salty crunch – YUM! I also love how you use natural peanut butter in your recipes. Awesome!

4. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust April 24, 2012 at 5:21 pm #

I think I’m in love…with the cookies AND your new doggie! :)

5. Living The Sweet Life April 25, 2012 at 7:55 am #

What a cute puppy!! What’s his name??

On another note, that’s one great looking cookie!! I’m a sucker for peanut butter, so this one is calling out my name.

• Christina April 25, 2012 at 8:12 am #

Thanks! My daughter decided on the name Max. I’m totally smitten.

6. Maria April 28, 2012 at 9:42 am #

Oh these cookies look and sound sooo good!!!!

7. six sisters May 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

These stuffed cookies are full of our favorite treats! YUM! Thanks for being a part of our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Hope to see you again real soon!! -The Sisters

8. Nancy May 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

I’m really hoping there is a typo or something in this recipe because I made them and they are horrible. There is wayyyyyy too much salt and I had to throw out the whole batch

• Christina May 4, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

OMG! I’m so so sorry. I feel horrible. It was a typo. It said 1/4 c salt instead of 1/4 tsp. I’ve double checked everything and it’s right now. Thank you so much for pointing it out.

• Nancy May 4, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Oh good, I’m so glad it was just a typo! I thought it sounded really excessive but I figured I’d follow the recipe the first time around and see what happened. I will try again another day!