Maple Cream Cookie Blondies

20 Feb

Hi Friends,

I went and stuffed cookies in something again.  Remember these?  It’s becoming a problem.  I may need an intervention.  But before you send me off you are gonna need to make these.

These are incredible.

These are one of my top things I’ve ever eaten, let alone made.

You won’t regret it.  I promise.

Did I mention these are made with brown butter????????

VERDICT

The blondies are soft and the brown butter and brown sugar make this amazing combination.  The cookie retains a slight crunch and you are struck with the sweet maplely creamy sweetness and all you can do is breath and dive in for another bite.

Recipe – one 9×9 pan

3/4 c butter
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
2 eggs – room temp
1 tsp vanilla
12 maple cream sandwich cookies

Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a medium sauce pan place butter and melt over medium heat while stirring. Heat butter until it foams.  Once the foam subsides the butter will be brown and smell caramelly and slightly nutty.  Take off the heat.  Stir in sugar and vanilla.

Place oven rack in the middle position.  Preheat oven to 350 F.

While oven is preheating let butter and sugar cool a bit.  Once the oven is preheated your mixture should be ready for the eggs.  Add the eggs one at a time incorporating each before adding the next.  Sprinkle flour over top an stir in with a spatula.  Don’t over mix.

Pour 1/2 the batter into your prepared pan.  Cover with a single layer of maple cream cookies.  Pour the rest of batter over top of your cookies.  Spread out the batter to cover the cookies and get in betwee the cookies and around the edges.

Place pan in the oven and bake for 25-27 minutes.  A tooth pick inserted in the blondie (inbetween the cookie) should come out with a few moist crumbs on it.  You don’t want to over bake them.  Even when they are done they are so, so soft and moist.  I let mine come to room temp before I cut into them.

Store in an airtight container.  These only lasted 24 hours in my house.

Blondies, slightly, slightly adapted from Kevin and Amanda, the adding of maple cream cookies was all my idea :)

Enjoy!

*I’ve got it on good authority that Maple Cream Sandwich cookies can be found and Trader Joe’s and have been found at Walgreens.

24 Responses to “Maple Cream Cookie Blondies”

1. Ellyn February 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

Where do I find maple cream cookies or a recipe for them? I’m trying to think of a brand that makes them or if they should be familiar to me but I can’t come up with anything. Please help. I TOTALLY want to make these. They look and sound UH-mazing!!

• Christina (Mis-Cakes) February 20, 2012 at 10:35 pm #

In Canada you can get them from Superstore in the US check Trader Joe’s or you can get them from http://www.sugarbushfarms.com, though shipping is expensive, or check Amazon. Let me know where you are from and I will see if I can find out where you can get them.

Thanks!!

• Francesca February 20, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Sorry, but I’m relatively certain I’ve never seen the equivalent of maple cream cookies at Trader Joe’s! Their sandwich cookies are usually standard, chocolate and vanilla, at the holidays they have a peppermint flavor. I’d actually check at a big grocery store (safeway/hyvee/ralphs/pavilions/whatever the chain is in your area), and then if you can’t find them possibly sub with vanilla cookies like golden oreos?

• Shea August 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

I’m from Colorado and found them at Safeway grocery store! It took alot of searching but Safeway makes them in the shape of maple leaves as well. Very exciting find:)

• Christina August 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

That’s awesome.

2. Becky @ Becky Bakes February 21, 2012 at 12:17 am #

These look so good! Love anything maple! Trader Joe’s does have maple cookies…they come in the shape of a maple leaf…they are amazing. I made a cheesecake using them once!

3. Cassie February 21, 2012 at 8:33 am #

I’m a fool for blondies. This combination sounds amazign!

4. Elle February 21, 2012 at 9:41 am #

Oh hell. Oh my word! I must make these. Maple sandwich cookies are a weakness of mine. Come to think of it, so are blondies!

5. Erin @ Texanerin Baking February 21, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Oh wow. I’d love to make these. Maple cream cookies don’t exist here so first I’ll need to find a good copycat recipe. These look amazing! Nice and chewy. :)

6. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Um, are those the maple sandwich cookies that I can eat a whole box of without blinking? These blondies look AMAZING. What an awesome idea!

7. Jan February 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

This recipe seems like a ridiculously good idea! I think it’s time that I jump on the “stuffing cookies with cookies” bandwagon ;)

8. Mindie February 28, 2012 at 5:48 am #

Oh I love maple flavored desserts. These look incredible. Great photos. I would love for you to share at my weekly Fri-Monday linky each week. Come strut your stuff. I am also hosting a fun group St. Patties Go Green giveaway and linky if you are interested.

9. Robin @ Simply Southern Baking February 29, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Oh my goodness! These sound awesome!!! Love maple cookies. Stopping by from Crazy Sweet Tuesdays.

10. Daisy@Nevertoosweet March 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

These look so yummy! I like the idea of stuffed cookies ;) First time visiting your blog! Looks great :)

• Christina (Mis-Cakes) March 6, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

Thanks Daisy!

11. shelly (cookies and cups) March 7, 2012 at 4:50 am #

These sound amazinnnnnnnnng.

12. Danguole March 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Intervention? No way! Keep doing what you’re doing–this looks amazing.

13. Elizabeth March 10, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

These look SO good!

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Friday FoodGawker Favorites « foodie fabulista - February 24, 2012

[...] Maple Cream Cookie Blondies  I don’t know about you- but this is what my dreams are made of [...]

2. S’more Blondies | Mis-Cakes Oven Adventures - March 22, 2012

[...] I used the same blondie recipe as I did here. [...]

3. Gooey, Chewy, Brown Sugary Blondies! | Yummly - May 1, 2012

[...] Maple Cream Cookie Blondies from Oven Adventures [...]

4. Pumpkin Maple Cream Cookie Blondies | Oven Adventures - October 29, 2012

[...] away.  These blondies are super soft and rich.  The cookies add a little crunch.  I still think these are my fav blondies ever, but there are second, for sure.  Can you tell I have a thing for [...]

5. Crazy Sweet Tuesday | Crazy for Crust - November 29, 2012

[...] Cream Cookie Blondies by Mis-Cakes Oven Adventures. You know those super awesome maple cookies you buy at the store? Yeah, she put them in [...]